Pageviews past week

Friday, November 24, 2006

Fresh ideas please

Anyone surprised by England's abject start to the Ashes series Down Under? Thought not, it was inevitable and chances of things getting better appear slim. England invented a wide range of sports including football, cricket, tennis, and golf and introduced them to the whole world during the time of the vast British Empire and now they are regularly beaten by everyone. Like I've said in the past, my one hope is that England win the World Cup just once in my lifetime!

The news on my way to work this morning was about the death of the Russian ex-spy Alexander Litvinenko. Now normally I would not have paid much attention to the story, but by keeping this blog I listen out more and more to the daily news, waiting to see what story has potential to type about. As you can tell, I've typed about some pretty random news stories and hopefully made them sound interesting.

Now the Russian spy has been claiming all along that he was poisoned by his colleagues in the Russian government because of his criticism of President Putin. Unsurprisingly Russia denies any involvement. It's the typical conspiracy. One that has occurred throughout history. Covert assassinations by governments who can then deny all knowledge. It happened earlier this week in Lebanon, with the murder of Pierre Gemayel, a Christian anti-Syrian Lebanese minister. Everyone knows Syria is involved, but it denies all knowledge and nothing can be done about it.

I think we've all watched enough television shows such as 24, Prison Break, Spooks or Sleeper Cell to realise that this kind of activity is rife. The shows may over exaggerate/glamourise the conspiracies, but I'm sure they're not that far off the actual truth. We'll probably never know whether Russia or Syria were directly involved in the killings and because there'll never be any proof; the governments will get away with it.

Watching the shows mentioned above is always a lot of fun because they take things to the extreme. In real life I'm guessing it's not as exciting or as dangerous but the basic principles remains the same. If someone needs taking care of, there are plenty of agencies setup to deal with the situation covertly and discreetly without ever being able to trace the perpetrator. 24 is easily the best show on television and returns for its 6th series in January, so I will definitely be typing about that in the New Year.

You maybe able to tell that the quality of my blogs have been going downhill over the past couple of weeks. I think my inspiration is fading. Therefore I think I'm going to take a break from typing the blogs. That way I'll have some time to think of some new topics, have some more interesting stories from work and feel re-invigorated to type the blog. However that does not mean the end of the blog in the meantime. Instead I invite the readers (basically my family and friends) to maintain the blog for the next few days. Each day I would like someone to post a blog on anything that takes their fancy. I'll give you the password to access the account and then you can post your blog for the day. If you'd like to post more than one blog then by all means do so, but each blog has to be at least 1000 words, which will allow you to explore your chosen topic properly.

So, next week will be the Guest Blogging Week. I'm hoping you will all be interested to type something and if not I'm going to nag everyone, and I mean everyone, to type something on the blog over the next few days and I'm looking forward to reading what other people have to type. So who would like to type the blog on Monday? Let me know soon.

Take care all,
Thoughts just flow, when do they have to make sense?

No comments: